Monday, November 10, 2008

Trying to start blogging again :)

Its been a long long time since my last post. I have had such breaks many times but because I am now at home most of the time, many of my friends and I had expected myself to blog more frequently. But I always used to freeze each time I opened blogger :) Writer's block? Maybe if I am a writer at all ;)

Today I am determined to write. So, lets see. I have come to the US for the first time. And now its been more than 2 months that I am here. I could have written about the flight. Everyone told me they think that my 17 hour Mumbai to New York direct flight would be quite difficult and boring as it is so long. They had taken flights with a stop over in Europe. But the flight was pretty cool. Well, literally too. I had to ask for 2 blankets :). I boarded the flight at 12:30 in the night and then we were served dinner after an hour I think. I had to wake up from sleep to have the dinner which wasn't really worth breaking my sleep for. Then I was mostly drifting on and off sleep. And eating every now and then what the folks were serving on the plane. Many people in the plane weren't so much into sleeping as I was. They were watching movie after movie. I watched only one movie. I love my sleep :) And when I reached New York, it was 6:30 in the morning and it was raining. By the time I finished all formalities and checked my luggage into the connecting flight, it was 9:30. I had 4-5 hours to kill before my flight. I roamed around the "HUGE" JFK airport a bit. There was a terminal only for Delta Airways. And to me only that part looked bigger than the Bangalore Airport. I settled down in a quiet place with my book. And well, after a few hours I landed in Charlotte. Anurag, Sumit and his wife were there to receive me. It was a nice ride back home. I remember the first thing I noticed was how empty and smooth the roads looked. And then I noticed the beautiful houses. I felt as if I was in a movie. Coz the houses looked like the ones I had seen in Hollywood movies. Funny thought that one! I was still a little dazed and couldn't feel this was real maybe because of the jet lag.

Anurag's nice friends made tea and dinner for me (and for him ;)) We reached back home at 10 in the night with the house littered with my huge suitcases. We were late in calling back home. And miraculously the phones were also giving some problems. Finally we opened a skype account and called up and everyone was ready to reprimand us for being so late in calling. Things like this happen so often. When you are in a hurry, everything that can go wrong, goes wrong. :) I have too many instances for this. Lesson to be learnt? (still not learnt) "Don't wait till the last moment to do something." 

Wow...I just wrote a post...not bad!! Let me just go ahead and publish this. Stay tuned for the next.



No comments: